Four generations

I took the kids to visit my grandma this afternoon and my mum came along too. Grandma is one month shy of her 98th birthday and although she’s now living in a nursing home and needs a fair bit of help physically she’s still going strong otherwise. I’ve been wanting to get a photo like this for a while now and today I finally remembered to take the camera with me and got David to play photographer.

Four generations

I made date scones and fudge for afternoon tea, which was all very well until Tom started bouncing off the walls after eating three pieces of fudge. My grandma is very appreciative of my scones so it’s well worth the effort to do the cooking 🙂

7 Responses to “Four generations”

1. Shrinking Tardie says:

Priceless photo Mim.

I have a much treasured copy of a photo that a distant cousin from the US gave me. It has my great-great-great grandmother, my great-great grandmother, the sister of my great-grandmother and her child (so my great-grandmother’s neice). Just like your photo, 4 generations of women from the same family. My family looked a lot grumpier though…oh, and it was taken in the 1800’s 🙂

Nat

2. Dina says:

I love photos like that!!

It’s great that you four were able to get together to take it.

3. aussiehen says:

Lovely!
    You and your Mum have the same smile.

We got one of these with my Nana and Jacob over Christmas, it’s very precious.

4. aussiehen says:

Is it your birthday today?
    Happy Birthday if that’s the case I hope you’re having an enjoyable day even if the weather seems to think it’s winter.

5. Ariane says:

Happy Birthday Mim.

Those are great photos to have, and to hand down.

6. ingrid says:

Happy birthday. 4 generations is special.

7. Susan says:

That is a beautiful photo Mim! My gandparents had all passed away by the time I was 20, and I do miss having a grandma. Treasure the moments!