We’ve just got back from a trip up to Brisbane for Abbey Medieval Festival and then back via Armidale where we stayed for a few days at Cruickshanks Cottage.
While we were away the following things happened:
- Adam took up spinning.
- Tom finally got his own back-strap weaving kit (he’s been waiting a whole year).
- I finished reading The Handmaid’s Tale and was somewhat underwhelmed.
- I re-read Native Tongue 3 just in case it wasn’t as bad as I remembered. It was, if not worse.
- We acquired a pleasing collection of stuff to add to our re-enactment gear.
- Tom got bitten by a horse.
- Tom engaged me in a discussion of the ethics of the fur-trade right in the middle of a fur-trader’s market stall, I did not try to avoid or put off the conversation.
- All 3 kids had the lurgi.
- We watched sheep shearing, fed the chooks, annoyed some cows, were stared at by alpacas, spotted a furtive fox, and made good use of our viking hats to avoid frozen ears. Mid-winter in Armidale is cold.
Photos and elaborations will probably follow at some point.
3 thoughts on “Holiday snippets”
HOLDING breath for photos!!!Sounds like a fun and not so fun time.Pity you didn't have something AWESOME to read. Hey looks like I spy pix on your flicker… Exhales
Glee=0)Looks like fun too!
Looking forward tos eeing the photos with elaboration! Armidale is where my Dad went to uni and my gparents lived for years and years.