Rather belatedly, but better late than never!
It comes with an instruction to list 7 things about myself, so here goes:
1. My left ear sticks out further than my right ear. When I was in my teens a doctor once helpfully told me that I could have it “fixed” with surgery but as I have never felt it was broken, and I regard the idea of unnecessary cutting of any part of my body with anathema, I wasn’t particularly interested.
2. When I sit in on Caitlin’s singing lessons I wish I was the one learning. Maybe one day. You know, when I have the money and time to spare.
3. I still have a pet rock that I “adopted” in primary school (for “adopted” read “stuck googly eyes on”), its name is Nargun and it sits in pride of place on display in the lounge room. Patricia Wrightson, author of “The Nargun and the Stars” died this week at the age of 88, I was sad.
4. I can’t remember the last time I mopped the kitchen floor. It’s been spot cleaned, in many places many times over, with water and paper towels when things have been spilled, but mopped all over – not so much. I really should do that.
5. I never did know what I wanted to be when I grew up, still don’t. My life has kind of happened to me without me planning any of it. Fortunately it seems to have turned out rather well so far.
6. When I was little I used to keep snails as pets. I’d let them crawl all over my arms. I still like snails.
7. I broke my arm when I was in 1st grade. I fell over on the oval while being chased by Mark. Mark was chasing me because I’d kissed him in class before recess. I don’t remember kissing Mark but I vividly remember the sight of my own forearm with an extra bend in it. My arm was out of plaster for some very short space of time (less than a month, maybe a week or two?) when I had a play date with a friend and her mum took us for a walk with their dog. I asked to hold the leash, the (very small) dog started running, I tripped…and broke my arm again. My friend’s mum asked if I was sure it was broken and I remember thinking “Are you stupid?! It’s not supposed to bend THERE!” But I didn’t say it because I was a) in PAIN and b) too polite.
I’m going to pass the award on to a couple of very beautiful bloggers, go visit them and say hi from me!