At the beginning of the year I posted a list of things I wanted to do during the year. I kind of lost interest in keeping some of the more mundane things on the list updated but looking back I’d say I’ve managed to do almost half of what I planned.
2. Swimming 50m laps.
3. Bike riding at Western Plains Zoo.
4. Cooking new meals.
5. House extension planning.
7. Selling jewellery.
8. Join the archery club.
9. Go see a play – not Shakespeare.
10. Camping with the Huscarls.
11. Learn bead making.
12. Write book reviews.
1, 2 3 & 6. I’ve done bugger all bushwalking, swimming or bike riding and haven’t been bowling very often at all (which is a shame because I really love bowling).
4. I’ve cooked lots of new meals, probably more often than once a month, and some of them have even been recipes of my own devising.
5. The house extension planning hasn’t made much progress at all but I do have a couple of recommendations for builders so that’s something at least – and we did put the ducted air-con in with allowance for the extension if/when it’s built.
7. Jewellery sales have been slow but gratifying, I need to get more of my stuff posted online to sell.
8. We joined the archery club but have yet to be offered a spot in a beginner’s course, that should happen some time in the new year.
9. Haven’t seen any live theatre at all this year, but I asked Mum for tickets to Belvoir Street Theatre productions for my birthday and Christmas presents so we’ll be going to a few different shows in the year to come.
11. I loved learning how to make glass beads, so much fun! I have a big bundle of glass rods waiting to be turned into pretty beads, hopefully I’ll get a chance to do some while the kids are on holidays.
12. I have no idea why I ever thought I would write reviews of anything I read, let alone everything, I didn’t even manage to keep my no frills list of books read up to date.
As for the things I didn’t plan on:
We inherited a dog.
I was offered a job, but it turned out to be only 2 weeks work. Then I was offered another job – at my favourite bookshop. Then the first job wanted me back. And suddenly I went from not having been in paid work for 11 years to working 4 days a week. Still haven’t quite adjusted to that (and probably won’t for a couple of months yet because I’m lucky enough that when the kids are on holidays I don’t have to go to work).
All in all it’s been a pretty good year