I was going to post this yesterday but, as I completely forgot about it until just after midnight and hadn’t actually written any of it yet, it has become a Saturday Fragments instead of a Friday Fragments post.
This is a sort of “what I did last week” as recorded on Facebook with some elaborations.
- Plan for the day: drink tea, wash the dog, spend the rest of the day courting the dog’s forgiveness, go to @shonias’ place for dinner – I washed the dog, she was not amused. While we were out for dinner Tom delivered the amusing quote of the week:
- Context free Tom: “Dad, it’s not the size that matters, it’s how hard it is.” – it was actually in reference to choosing a rock with which to crack macadamia nuts.
- Dog just whacked herself on her own nose with her madly wagging tail. There was an audible THWACK! – she surprised herself into almost biting it too, we laughed.
- We’re in the car on the way to the beach. It has just started raining. Why are we doing this? – we were doing it because the week leading up to this point had been the hottest week Sydney had experienced in 150 years, over 40°C most days. When we’d arrived home at 1:00am on Sunday morning the outside temperature was 30°C (86F), turns out it was the warmest night ever recorded for Sydney.
- We went to the beach. Didn’t stay for long though! – the southerly change arrived bring winds and rain and the temperature had dropped to around 20°C by the time we got back home.
- At Eastern City chinese for their Chinese New Year Lion Dance banquet – Tom got to feed a red envelope to the lion:
- Mmmmm Adam is baking sourdough, house smells goooood. Monday, so far you’re turning out ok!
- Brush turkey in the front garden! – the local breeding pair is still at it.
- Quiet summer evening, birds in the garden, cool breeze from the open doors, sun filtering through the leaves of the liquid amber #lifeisgood
- You know, life was so much easier during school holidays. Why do my kids (ok, and I) have to DO so much STUFF? Oh yeah, coz it’s fun 🙂 – At drama class I was an Egyptian priest trying to perform a ceremony to Osiris in front a group of unruly kids, a role I invented for myself, we had a passage from the Hymn to Osiris to work with as an exercise – deliver it any way you want.
- I did something to my ankle last night, it hurts. Don’t know what I did or when, but ow. And I’m on my feet at canteen half the day today – the ankle behaved ok but the sauna-like environment of the high school Canteen nearly did me in, I was not a happy vegemite.
- Was feeling grumpy. Option A: Pick fight with husband. Option B: Unpack and repack dishwasher & tidy kitchen. I chose B #goodidea #notgrumpy – Thursday was a whingey, grumpy sort of day all round really.
- Blah, crap morning so far but better things ahead. Should get going or I’ll end up late to my morning tea with @ChallyZatB – Friday started badly but got better.
- BTW, the day that started crap turned into lovely morning tea with @ChallyZatB, yummy Japanese lunch w/ my dad and a swim w/ kids in arvo – we went to Pymble Pool late in the afternoon, my mum and one of Tom’s friends came too and Adam met us there after work.
- Packemin Productions’ Joseph is fabulous. It gets extra good marks for the wonderful plus size singers and dancers in the cast! – I love Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, it was the first musical I saw on stage as a kid, and this production did not disappoint! Caitlin and I went to the 2pm performance today.
From the Packemin website:
This pro-am production will feature a massive cast of talented musical theatre performers – and will also involve a number of schools in the local area to provide voices for the choir.
Go see it if you can, they’ve done a fantastic job with the kids and the professional part of the cast were great too 🙂
I’m linking up very belatedly with Mrs 4444’s Friday Fragments, click on through to see what everyone else has shared this week!
Hosted by Mrs4444.