Adam and I have been talking recently about making plans and setting goals so I thought I’d post some of the things I’d like to achieve this year. I’ll update as I go with how it all works out.
1. Go bushwalking in the Blue Mountains 3 times. (But perhaps not the Grand Staircase!)
2. Swim laps at a public pool 2 times each month. (The kids love going to the indoor pool at Homebush so winter is no excuse)
3. Go bike riding around the Western Plains Zoo.
4. Cook something new for dinner once a month. Feb – veal casserole, Mar – Steak and kidney, and lots more too, this worked really well I’ve cooked heaps of new dishes and even invented some of my own recipes over the year (but mostly forgot to blog about them).
5. Get plans for an extension to the house drawn up and council approved.
6. Go bowling once a fortnight. (Either with the kids or on my own) Feb – 24th, Mar – 9th
7. Sell some of my handmade jewellery. First sale of 2 necklaces made on 4/3/08
8. Join the local archery club. Signed up for the beginner’s course.
9. Go and see a play that’s not Shakespeare. (Which isn’t to say we won’t go and see some Shakespeare too)
10. Go camping with the Huscarls. (I really don’t want to do this but we’ll see…) Well, I tried. I wanted to enjoy it but, um, not so much. Second attempt on the other hand was awesome!
11. Learn to make my own glass beads. – Started lampwork course 14/2/08
12. Post a review of every book I read on my blog. (Don’t expect too much here, they’ll probably be very short reviews because I’m terrible at articulating what I do or don’t like about books) – Yeah, ok, this is so not happening. I’m going to just list them all instead with short comments.
The Warrior’s Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold
Cordelia’s Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Vor Game by Lois McMaster Bujold
Cetaganda by Lois McMaster Bujold
Ethan of Athos by Lois McMaster Bujold
Brothers in Arms by Lois McMaster Bujold
Borders of Infinity by Lois McMaster Bujold
Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold
Komarr by Lois McMaster Bujold
A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold
Diplomatic Immunity by Lois McMaster Bujold
If Only They Could Talk by James Herriot
The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton
Aaaaand apparently I got bored with the listing them idea too, suffice to say I read lots 😛