Hosted by Mrs4444.
It’s been a long week, the short version goes like this:
- I shared my liquorice with the internet.
- I found somewhere for our holiday with friends next month.
- The weather got really rather cold.
- We bought mobile phones for David and Caitlin.
- We celebrated my Mum’s and her twin sister’s 65th birthday at my Aunty’s place with all the cousins and their offspring (except the cousin who is in the US).
- I booked myself in for singing lessons with Caitlin’s teacher.
- I watched Up with the kids and season 2 of True Blood without them.
- We discussed the issue of ethics classes in SRE time at the P&C meeting (and I refrained from snark at a comment left on the blog).
- I collected signatures for the petition in support of the St James Ethics Centre ethics classes trial and posted 50 of them off to be tabled in parliament next week.
- I had Dad over for his birthday dinner on Wednesday night – also 65!
- Caitlin had two singing auditions, she got the one we didn’t really want (a place in the Australian Youth Choir) and missed the one she desperately wanted by a whisker (a solo part in the ArtsNorth Primary Choral Concert at the Opera House).
- I got very stressed about some P&C stuff (not Ethics trial related) and decided I had to un-involve myself.
- One of Tom’s fish died.
- And I kind of went to pieces.
- But a combination of The Angels, an awesomely indulgent lunch, and some blatant frittering away of the afternoon have restored my equilibrium.
- I am now drinking Baileys and about to watch Sherlock Holmes.
The 25th Down Under Feminists Carnival was hosted this month by Rachel at Musings of an Inappropriate Woman.