I started out this morning with the intent of having a decent photo of each of the kids and pets with which to illustrate the ever so fascinating story of my Sunday. I should know better than to make plans that depend on kids and animals behaving for a camera.
The short version of my day goes like this:
- Get out of bed several hours later than intended (must have needed that sleep-in).
- Flail ineffectually at the chaos in the house (Adam has done wonders with it today as I came and went).
- Take Clara to dog park, forget to take camera (this time she decided to wrestle with a doberman twice her size).
- Bring exhausted but happy dog home and make some lunch.
- Take Caitlin shopping so she can spend her birthday money.
- Go to Lowenbrau for dinner (take lots more photos nearly all of which are terrible).
- Come home, get kids ready for bed and read aloud a chapter of The Sword and The Circle by Rosemary Sutcliff (this is hard work, the sentence structure is NOT conducive to reading aloud).
- Decide to blog in preference to writing the speech I have to give about the P&C at the school kindy orientation sessions on Monday and Wednesday.
The cats avoided the camera all day, but here’s one of Jack that I took a couple of weeks ago.
Now, to speech writing and ironing! Bleh.